Where can we purchase the book:
Social Media Links:
*Please include cover picture of book*
Please select 20 questions:
Interview Questions About Writing
- What inspired you to start writing?
- How long have you been writing?
- When did you start writing?
- Have you always wanted to be a writer?
- What advice would you give a new writer, someone just starting out?
- How do you handle writer’s block?
- What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing?
- What comes first, the plot or characters?
- How do you develop your plot and characters?
- How do you come up with the titles to your books?
- When did you first consider yourself a writer?
- Describe your writing space.
- What time of the day do you usually write?
- Describe a typical writing day.
- What is the most difficult part about writing for you?
- What is your work schedule like when you are writing?
- What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?
- Do you hear from your readers much? What do they say?
- How do you do research for your books?
- What are the tools of the trade?
- What does success mean to you? What is the definition of success?
- Is writing your full-time career? Or would you like it to be?
- On a typical day, how much time do you spend writing?
- Are you on social media and can your readers interact with you?
- When you’re writing an emotionally draining (or sexy, or sad, etc) scene, how do you get in the mood?
- Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
- How do you deal with emotional impact of a book (on yourself) as you are writing the story?
- How do you handle literary criticism?
- How do you deal with poor reviews? (be cautious with these type of questions)
- How much ‘world building’ takes place before you start writing?
- Is there lots to do before you drive in and start writing the story?
- When writing a series how do you keep things fresh, for both your readers and also yourself?
- What was your favourite part, and your least favourite part, of the publishing journey?
- Do you find it more challenging to write the first book in a series or to write the subsequent novels?
- Describe your perfect book hero or heroine.
Interview Questions About Your Books
- How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
- What is the most surprising thing you discovered while writing your book(s)?
- Who is your favourite character?
- Do you have a favourite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special.
- Where do you get your inspiration?
- You’ve written xxx genre and xxx genre. Do you have a preference?
- Is it easier to write xxx genre or xxx genre?
- Where can readers purchase your books?
- Where can readers find out more about you and your books?
- Have any of your books been made into audiobooks? If so, what are the challenges in producing an audio book?
- Which of your books were the most enjoyable to write?
- Tell us about your first published book? What was the journey like?
Interview Questions About Your Current Book
- Can you share with us something about the book that isn’t in the blurb?
- Are there any secrets from the book (that aren’t in the blurb), you can share with your readers?
- Can you share a snippet that isn’t in the blurb or excerpt?
- Does one of the main characters hold a special place in your heart? If so, why?
- What was the inspiration for the story?
- What is the key theme and/or message in the book?
- What do you hope your readers take away from this book?
- What is the significance of the title?
- Tell us about the process for coming up with the cover.
- What is the future for the characters? Will there be a sequel?
- Do you write listening to music? If so, what music inspired or accompanied this current book?
- If you had to describe character xxx in three words, what would those three words be?
- Your story is set in xxx. Why did you choose that as the setting for your book?
- If your book was to be made into a movie, who are the celebrities that would star in it?
- Was the writing process different and what challenges did you face writing xxx genre? (when writing in a new genre)
- Can you give us some insight into what makes xxx character tick?
- What were the key challenges you faced when writing this book?
- What was the highlight of writing this book?
Interview Questions About Your Future Work
- Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?
- Where do you draw inspiration from?
- How many plot ideas are just waiting to be written? Can you tell us about one?
- Do you have any new series planned?
- We’ve just started a new year and I’ve seen lots of posts about new years’ resolutions. Do you have anything special that you’ll be focusing on this year? (obviously for the new year!)
Interview Questions About Other Authors, Books and Reading
- Who is your favourite author and why?
- What are you reading now?
- What book is currently on your bedside table?
- What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?
- Who is the author you most admire in your genre?
- Favorite quote (doesn’t matter the source)
- Favorite book/story you have read as an adult
- Favorite book when you were a kid
- What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?
- If you could ask one successful author three questions about their writing, writing process, or books, what would they be?
- Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, are there any you’d recommend?
- What do you like about audiobooks?
- Do you have a library membership?
- How many bookshelves are in your house?
*Shameless Plug: Area for you to boost previous or upcoming work
Ex: What other books can we look forward to reading?
Ex: What are some of your other works?